Siggie’s owner, Bibi, says, “In 2010, like many other Americans, I lost my home to a foreclosure.
“While struggling to make ends meet, I did odd jobs, cleaning homes, taxi driving, working hours as a waitress, and other glamorous things. One day, I met up with a lady, she had posted a listing on Craigslist titled, ‘Deep cleaning of Home.’ After my job was done, she offered to go to an ATM and pull out the additional cash she owed me. Then all of the sudden a bunch of little kittens were brought into the house. Siggie was the first one to run up to me and smell my feet (which I can’t imagine were doing too great after a long day of cleaning floors.)
“It was love at first sight. My little munchkin went home with me. Mind you, I had never owned a cat prior to this. I still have the claw mark scars on my arms to prove this. Most importantly, when I lost my home 5 months later after a long, unsuccessful battle to do a modification, I had Siggie with me.
“The hard part? No shelters would accept her and I together. The easier part? Knowing I wasn’t going to give her up. I had a wonderful person at a car dealership help me with a used Jeep. It was just big enough to lay down a bed in the back. Also big enough for Siggie to have a small Igloo pooper inside, and all her goodies. By December I had a job, and was on my way to saving money for a room to rent.
“I’m telling this story because my Siggie loved me when no one else was there to be by my side. The companionship of an animal and therapeutic advantages are astounding. I’m forever grateful to that woman and the kitten she gave me. It made me realize there will always be purpose for me whether I see it right away, or not.
“My best to all animal lovers. We share this earth with them.”
We are proud to have Siggie as our Pet of the Month!
Do you have a PET OF THE MONTH?
Do you have an extraordinary pet with a special story? We’d love to hear from you! Submit your pet to be the Centinela Feed pet of the month! In addition to your pet’s story and photos being featured on our website, each Pet of the Month will receive a Centinela Feed gift card worth $20!
Before you enter your furry or feathered friend to be our pet of the month, please have a look at the following guidelines and rules:
- Please include your name, as well as the name of your pet.
- Remember: The longer the story, the better! We want to hear as much about your pet as possible.
- Larger, high-resolution photos are best.
- Submissions must have a valid first name, last name and e-mail address, as this is how we will contact you should your pet be chosen. Submissions without these details will not be eligible. We will not share this information.
- Only one pet per month will be selected. Winners are selected at random. You may enter multiple pets. Once you have entered your pet, there is no need to re-enter. Multiple entries of the same pet will not be eligible. Please do not enter a pet that is not yours! Such submissions will not be eligible.
- If your pet is chosen, we will contact you via e-mail. Gift cards will be mailed. Gift cards are valid at any Centinela Feed location. Gift cards are not redeemable for cash value.
- Contest not for employees of Centinela Feed.
Ready to submit your story? Click here!