Ryker is a 3 year old poodle found in Phoenix, AZ in January. He was picked up as a stray and taken to the county shelter where he was set to be euthanized due to an extensive injury to his jaw. A local rescue group in the area couldn’t let him go so they took him in and gave him the necessary help he needed. Ryker had a jaw fracture to his lower left jaw and they tried to fix it naturally but it wouldn’t reset, they ended up removing his jaw, put in a wire and stitched up his cheek to keep his mouth even. While he was in recovery, Ryker showed his spunky attitude with his foster mom who refused to let him go to any old home. Ryker needed special attention and a special human family who would be willing to work not only with his jaw but also with his trust. He was spunky enough to try and eat his foster family’s hard dog food while still in his muzzle! I met Ryker at a local Pet Expo in Phoenix, he was parading himself around like he was the King (he is about 5 pounds!). It was love at first sight and I was the only human he would let hold without squirming to get down. We have been together since June 1st and we have been inseparable! He still has a big personality hanging out with the rest of the family’s Poodle gang. Even our 9 year old female, who growls at everyone, lets him snuggle up to her (maybe it is the mommy instincts kicking in with a hurt puppy), but he has a great life ahead! He doesn’t let anything stop him and has an amazing personality. I cannot imagine what this little guy has been through but he is one tough fighter.
We’re proud to have Ryker as our Pet of the Month!
Do you have a PET OF THE MONTH?
Do you have an extraordinary pet with a special story? We’d love to hear from you! Submit your pet to be the Centinela Feed pet of the month! In addition to your pet’s story and photos being featured on our website, each Pet of the Month will receive a Centinela Feed gift card worth $20!
Before you enter your furry or feathered friend to be our pet of the month, please have a look at the following guidelines and rules:
- Please include your name, as well as the name of your pet.
- Remember: The longer the story, the better! We want to hear as much about your pet as possible.
- Larger, high-resolution photos are best.
- Submissions must have a valid first name, last name and e-mail address, as this is how we will contact you should your pet be chosen. Submissions without these details will not be eligible. We will not share this information.
- Only one pet per month will be selected. Winners are selected at random. You may enter multiple pets. Once you have entered your pet, there is no need to re-enter. Multiple entries of the same pet will not be eligible. Please do not enter a pet that is not yours! Such submissions will not be eligible.
- If your pet is chosen, we will contact you via e-mail. Gift cards will be mailed. Gift cards are valid at any Centinela Feed location. Gift cards are not redeemable for cash value.
- Contest not for employees of Centinela Feed.
Ready to submit your story? Click here!