Dymond’s owner, Katrina, says, “I’ve had Dymond since she was eleven weeks old. She has seen me through many hard times and has remained a constant source of love, loyalty and companionship.
“Our journey with cancer began early September 2013 when I noticed a lump on Dymond’s elbow. Initially I thought she may have hit or bumped her leg, so I began to apply ice thinking the swelling would subside. When it didn’t I scheduled her to see her veterinarian, who later referred us to an orthopedic specialist. He took one look at it and immediately said he believed the mass to be a soft tissue sarcoma. After a biopsy, numerous tests and special stain analysis, the mass was confirmed as a Histiocytic Sarcoma. Knowing this diagnosis brought many sleepless nights, uncontrolled tears and countless visits to oncology and internal medicine specialists.
“Shortly after I got over my self-pity I began to realize that it is my responsibility to ensure Dymond has the best quality of life possible. I made a vow to her years ago to love her as I would my very own and since she is a member of my family we WILL fight this disease together. Then I began to feel enlightened and began educating myself by reading many articles, books and guides to assist in combating cancer.
“The literature pointed to ways of battling cancer through supplements, change in diet, along with conventional and holistic remedies. Most recently Dymond started Chemotherapy, but after one treatment we stopped this regiment because her liver enzymes stayed elevated.
“We are not in this alone, with the love, support and guidance of so many amazing people nine months post amputation, Dymond is going strong. Her spirit is infectious and as she surpasses her abilities in so many ways she remains an inspiration. Dymond has taught me that having a disease does not measure your ability, does not define your capability; instead it tells a story of hope, resiliency, determination, strength and bravery.”
We are proud to have Dymond as our Pet of the Month!
Do you have a PET OF THE MONTH?
Do you have an extraordinary pet with a special story? We’d love to hear from you! Submit your pet to be the Centinela Feed pet of the month! In addition to your pet’s story and photos being featured on our website, each Pet of the Month will receive a Centinela Feed gift card worth $20!
Before you enter your furry or feathered friend to be our pet of the month, please have a look at the following guidelines and rules:
- Please include your name, as well as the name of your pet.
- Remember: The longer the story, the better! We want to hear as much about your pet as possible.
- Larger, high-resolution photos are best.
- Submissions must have a valid first name, last name and e-mail address, as this is how we will contact you should your pet be chosen. Submissions without these details will not be eligible. We will not share this information.
- Only one pet per month will be selected. Winners are selected at random. You may enter multiple pets. Once you have entered your pet, there is no need to re-enter. Multiple entries of the same pet will not be eligible. Please do not enter a pet that is not yours! Such submissions will not be eligible.
- If your pet is chosen, we will contact you via e-mail. Gift cards will be mailed. Gift cards are valid at any Centinela Feed location. Gift cards are not redeemable for cash value.
- Contest not for employees of Centinela Feed.
Ready to submit your story? Click here!