After having the privilege of spending close to 15 years with my dog Sabastian, Oct. 27, 2013 I had to say goodbye. I knew my life would be forever changed. I spoke with my Son and we decided my energy would be ready for what would become his new brother or sister-we would do this together in July 2014. Then I received the worst news a Mother could hear. My Son John had passed away.
The anguish, grief and pain I continue to work through to this day was unbearable- after about 1 1/2 months I felt a need to go to the humane Society and rescue a dog-I felt I wasn’t’ going to make it if I continued on as I was. I met a 7 year old Pomeranian mix named Finnigan. Within the 1st 4 minutes I knew without question that I belonged to him and he belonged to me. The following day I took Finn to my family vet, Dr. Rizardi, who took such excellent care of Sabastian. I was told that Finnigan had a tumor in his inner left eyelid. Dr. Rizardi then gifted us through the Banfield Charitable Fund for 1 year of wellness pet insurance. I was so grateful and humbled. I looked online to see what, if any resources I could find to deal with the tumor Finn had while biding time using vet prescribed eye drops.
The first non profit organization I found, Harley’s Hope Foundation had an online application for their services. I immediately applied and was granted the foundation allow Finnigan’s surgery at their expense. The relief I felt was enormous. I am to this day amazed at how quickly Finnigan and I have an unquestionable bond consisting of trust, love and respect. It’s like He was supposed to be mine and I was supposed to be his. I also know that my Son John is behind Finn and I finding one another as well as the blessing of making sure through Banfield and Dr. Rizardi and Harley’s hope foundation that Finn and I have a long healthy life together.
We are proud to have Finnigan as our January Pet of the Month!
Do you have a PET OF THE MONTH?
Do you have an extraordinary pet with a special story? We’d love to hear from you! Submit your pet to be the Centinela Feed pet of the month! In addition to your pet’s story and photos being featured on our website, each Pet of the Month will receive a Centinela Feed gift card worth $20!
- Please include your name, as well as the name of your pet.
- Remember: The longer the story, the better! We want to hear as much about your pet as possible.
- Larger, high-resolution photos are best.
- Submissions must have a valid first name, last name and e-mail address, as this is how we will contact you should your pet be chosen. Submissions without these details will not be eligible. We will not share this information.
- Only one pet per month will be selected. Winners are selected at random. You may enter multiple pets. Once you have entered your pet, there is no need to re-enter. Multiple entries of the same pet will not be eligible. Please do not enter a pet that is not yours! Such submissions will not be eligible.
- If your pet is chosen, we will contact you via e-mail. Gift cards will be mailed. Gift cards are valid at any Centinela Feed location. Gift cards are not redeemable for cash value.
- Contest not for employees of Centinela Feed.
Ready to submit your story? Click here!